GoBoard® is up to 80% lighter than cement backer boards, yet engineered and rigorously tested for strength and durability.
This ultra-lightweight material is not only durable, but serves as the ideal alternative to cement and other heavy tile backer boards. GoBoard® helps you to complete the job faster and more cost effectively, with no strain on your back.
This tile backer board has waterproofing built-in, and can be easily cut in the field with a basic utility knife without crumbling or disintegrating.
- Fast & Easy Installation
- 100% Waterproof (Built-In)
- Ultra Durable
- Ultra-Lightweight Design
- Easy to Cut in the Field
- Strain-Free Handling
- Tile Same Day
- Fungi/Bacteria Resistant
- Backer Board Screws (Included in All KBRS Backer Board Kits)
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (Included in All KBRS Backer Board Kits)
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Gauging Fabric (Included in ShowerSlope™ Kits)
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Liquid Liner Waterproofing Membrane (Included in ShowerSlope™ Kits)
- Utility Knife to Trim Board(s)
- Pencil for Marking
- Straight Edge
- Measuring Tape
- Putty Knife
- Backer Board Screw Fastening Device
- Caulk Gun
- 1" - 3" Paint Brush
MEASURE, SCORE, & SNAP:
- Measure GoBoard®, then score with a utility knife and snap to desired size - Fast & Easy
- Liberally apply a continuous bead of KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant to the bottom edge floor or ShowerSlope™, so that when butted the sealant squeezes out. Ensure a tight seal at all joints and seams.
- Fasten the GoBoard® to the studs, using backerboard screws (provided in kits), flush to the surface of the board at a maximum spacing of 8" and within 1/2" - 1" of the perimeter edges.
- After fastening, spread the excess sealant with a putty knife to at least 1" beyond either side of the joint to ensure a tight seal. Liberally apply a continuous bead of KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (provided in kits) to the top of the walls before tightly butting the next board.
- Repeat the above two steps as necessary to completion.
To ensure a waterproof installation, all screw fastened locations and and joints (between boards, at corners and for other changes of plane) must be sealed with KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (provided in kits).
GoBoard® by Johns Manville is an ultra-lightweight, waterproof and durable tile backer board that is easy to cut and install. GoBoard® is engineered and tested for strength and durability, yet can be cut right where it’s installed using a utility knife. Plus, it's up to 80% lighter than traditional boards. Installation time is reduced because waterproofing is built-in, eliminating extra steps since only board joints and fastener locations need to be sealed.