WHAT IS THE LINEAR DRAIN MADE OF?
HOW MANY DIFFERENT LINEAR DRAIN SIZE OPTIONS DOES KBRS HAVE?
HOW MANY DIFFERENT LINEAR DRAIN STYLE OPTIONS DOES KBRS HAVE?
KBRS has several different style options for linear shower drains. We have stainless steel linear drains, polished stainless steel linear drains, oil rubbed bronze linear drains, ready to tile in linear drains, and matte black linear drains available in several different style options for our linear drain kits. KBRS has many different linear drain styles including oval, square, mission, and ready to tile available with our linear drain kits, and linear slope kits.
IS THE LINEAR DRAIN KIT INCLUED IN A LINEAR SHOWER KIT?
WHAT TYPE OF THIN-SET SHOULD I USE?
Any quality "polymer modified" thin-set will do just fine. Do not use a premixed thin-set (i.e.... water already added). A premixed thin-set that comes in a bucket with water already added will not cure properly. Remember: No premix! Always add your own water! Different terms for modified thin-set include: modified thin-set, modified thin set with a latex additive, fortified thin-set, polymer modified thin-set, polymer fortified blended thin-set. The thin-set must meet or exceed ANSI A118.4 and ANSI Al18.11 requirements when mixed with water.
Three of the most recognized brands:
1. Custom Building Products: usually found at The Home Depot. (Product Names: Versa Bond, Fortified, FlexBond Fortified and their elastic membrane is called RedGard)
2. Laticrete: usually found at The Home Depot, Lowe's and other tile suppliers. (Product Names: Laticrete 254 Platinum and their elastic membrane is called Hydro Ban).
3. Mapei: usually found at The Home Depot, Lowe's, Daltile and other tile suppliers (Name of product: Ultra Flex 2 and their elastic membrane is called Aqua Defense)
WHAT TROWEL SHOULD I USE?
In most cases, KBRS shower pan products include both a 3/4" U-Notched Trowel, and a 1/2" Square Notched Trowel. Which trowel you will need will depend on how high your drain is set "above" the sub-floor. Please refer to the guide below to determin which trowel to use for your shower installation.
3/4" U - NOTCHED
Drains 3/8" above the sub-floor, use the 3/4" U-Notched Trowel.
1/2" SQUARE NOTCHED
Drains 1/8" above the sub-floor, use the 1/2" Square Notched Trowel.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE LINEAR DRAIN WITH A SHOWERSLOPE™?
HOW TO INSTALL A LINEAR DRAIN WITH A KBRS SHOWERSLOPE™
The KBRS Linear Line has two tileable wet area substrate options that provides the required positive floor drainage in a tile shower assembly that will be utilizing a linear style shower drain. The KBRS Linear Line is a rock-solid alternative to a field-sloped mortar bed. Once installed, the Linear ShowerSlope™ can be waterproofed using either a liquid-applied or bonded sheet-applied positive side membrane. Our linear shower pans are lightweight, yet will provide the superior strength and durability necessary for a successful tile shower installation. KBRS Linear Line shower pans are easily installed using modified thin-set mortar. Linear shower pans are available in standard sizes and unlimited custom sizes (up to 9500 square inches). The KBRS Linear ShowerSlope™ comes with a 1-1/4" leading edge that is designed with a linear drain slot, which is ideal when installing linear drains.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE LINEAR DRAIN WITH A TILE-BASIN®?
HOW TO INSTALL A LINEAR DRAIN WITH A KBRS TILE-BASIN®
The KBRS Linear Line has two tileable wet area substrate options that provides the required positive floor drainage in a tile shower assembly that will be utilizing a linear style shower drain. The KBRS Linear Line is a rock-solid alternative to a field-sloped mortar bed. Our linear shower pans are lightweight, yet will provide the superior strength and durability necessary for a successful tile shower installation. KBRS Linear Line shower pans are easily installed using modified thin-set mortar. Linear Tile-Basin® shower pans are available in unlimited custom sizes (up to 9500 square inches). The KBRS Linear Tile-Basin® is a fully waterproofed linear shower solution. It is specially designed with a patented perimeter flange that is not only easy to install but is guaranteed to prevent leaks. Built with a completely integrated perimeter flange, and hard curb attachments.
CAN THE LINEAR DRAIN BE INSTALLED WITH A MORTAR BED?
Yes, our linear shower drains can be installed with mortar beds. See below for things to keep in mind for mortar bed linear drain installations.
General Installation Considerations:
- Linear drains are best placed against the end or side wall or shower threshold.
- Any waterproofing layer should be supported by a pitched slope of 1/4” per foot towards the drain whether the waterproof membrane coat is under thick bed mortar or on top.
- Reinforcing Fabric should always be used with Liquid Applied Membranes for gaps of more than 1/8”. It is recommended to use reinforcing fabric where the drain flange and mortar bed meet as well as for any floor to wall transitions for added durability.
- If installing a curbless shower, position drain parallel to entry (front, middle or back of shower) so plank pitch doesn’t compromise an even/level entry.
- If placing drain flush to walls - back and/or sides of flange should be set against the studs or sill plate (center of waste pipe needs to be 2 1/4” out) and backer board should be installed directly on top of flange.
- Consider tile thickness and thin-set to make any needed adjustments. Finished wall tile should sit approximately 1/16” from the inside of the drain cavity wall to allow for proper grate placement.
- Set floor tile 1/16” from the edge of the grate to allow for smooth installation and removal of grate.
- Linear Drain Grate Risers (included with stainless steel grates) should be used to install the grate at the proper height, slightly below level of surface tile (approx. 1/16”) to ensure proper drainage.
WHAT COMES WITH THE LINEAR DRAIN KIT?
WHAT IS THE KBRS RETURN POLICY?
Standard or stock items may be returned within 30 days of purchase if purchased directly from KBRS, Inc - by internet, phone or fax. Standard or stock item(s) may be returned for credit or refund of the purchase price paid, less a 15% restocking fee. Custom product(s) or special orders are NOT eligible for return, credit or refund at any time; unless the product is received defective or the return is a direct result of a KBRS, Inc. error. To return an item you must first contact us via phone (866) 912-3211, or email email@example.com to obtain an RMA number. Item(s) must be returned in original packaging and return shipping must be paid by you, it is strongly recommended you insure your return package as KBRS will not be able to refund an item that arrives damaged and is not in re-stockable condition.
View Full Return Policy >
DOES KBRS PROVIDE RETURN SHIPPING LABELS
Currently we do not provide shipping labels to have our products returned to us. Customers are required to return their products with the shipper of their choice. It is also recommended you insure your returned items, to protect form damages that may occur from shipping. KBRS will not be able to offer refunds on products that are returned damaged. All returns must be sent back to the warehouse in re-stockable conditions.
IF ALL MY PACKAGES DO NOT ARRIVE WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Since all of your products are packaged separately, it is common for items to get separated in the shipping process. Usually the missing product will arrive the next business day. If the product does not arrive by the end of the next business day, please contact us for a complete resolution.