Click Gallery Images to View Larger
GoBoard® Backer Board Installation Kit
3' x 5' x 1/2" Shower Wall Board (8 Sheets)
15 Square Feet Per Sheet (Covers 120 Square Feet Total)
Free Shipping is for continental US only.
For Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean please call:
(912) 352-0442 or (866)912-3211.
8 Sheets 3'x5'x1/2" GoBoard® Backer Board,
6 Tubes ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant, and 2lb. of Screws
GOBOARD BACKER BOARD
GoBoard® is up to 80% lighter than cement backer boards, yet engineered and rigorously tested for strength and durability. This tile backer board has waterproofing built-in, and can be easily cut in the field with a basic utility knife without crumbling or disintegrating. This ultra-lightweight material is not only durable, but serves as the ideal alternative to cement and other heavy tile backer boards. GoBoard® helps you to complete the job faster and more cost effectively, with no strain on your back.
Complete shower tile projects in half the time or less. Install GoBoard with Sealant, take a break and tile the same day. Grout the next day and the project is done*.
Engineered to be dependable even though it’s much lighter weight than cement and other heavy boards. GoBoard can be installed in residential and light commercial tile applications.
EASY TO CUT, HANDLE & INSTALL
GoBoard can be quickly cut right where it’s installed with a basic utility knife without crumbling or disintegrating. It’s also much easier to handle than cement and other heavy boards.
GoBoard saves time and money because you seal only the board joints and fastener locations for a waterproof tile assembly**.
- 8 Sheets of GoBoard® - Each Sheet is 3' x 5' x 1/2"
- 6 Tubes of KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant Grey (10.1 oz. Each)
- 2.5 LB. of Screws
*A typical shower project, waterproof installation, following manufacturer's installation.
** Board joints and fastener locations require a waterproof sealant per GoBoard installation instructions.
Why Choose GoBoard®:
- Fast and Easy to Install
- 100% Waterproof (Built-in)
- Ultra Durable
- Ultra Lightweight Design
- Easy to Cut in the Field
- Tile Same Day
- Fungi/Bacteria Resistant
This installation video will demonstrate our waterproof backer board GoBoard® install process with a KBRS ShowerSlope™. GoBoard® has been tested and proven as a superior alternative to standard cement backer board products.
- Backer Board Screws (Included)
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (Included)
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Gauging Fabric
- KBRS ShowerSeal® Waterproofing Membrane
- Utility Knife to Trim Board(s)
- Pencil for Marking
- Straight Edge
- Measuring Tape
- Putty Knife
- Backer Board Screw Fastening Device
- Caulk Gun
- 1" - 3" Paint Brush
MEASURE, SCORE, & SNAP:
- Measure GoBoard®, then score with a utility knife and snap to desired size - Fast & Easy
- Liberally apply a continuous bead of KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant to the bottom edge floor or ShowerSlope™, so that when butted the sealant squeezes out. Ensure a tight seal at all joints and seams.
- Fasten the GoBoard® to the studs, using backer board screws (provided in kits), flush to the surface of the board at a maximum spacing of 8" and within 1/2" - 1" of the perimeter edges.
- After fastening, spread the excess sealant with a putty knife to at least 1" beyond either side of the joint to ensure a tight seal. Liberally apply a continuous bead of KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (provided in kits) to the top of the walls before tightly butting the next board.
- Repeat the above two steps as necessary to completion.
- To ensure a waterproof installation, all screw fastened locations and and joints (between boards, at corners and for other changes of plane) must be sealed with KBRS ShowerSeal® Polyurethane Sealant (provided in kits).